Campaign Pitch – Rokugan SRIU (L5R RPG)21 March, 2015
A potential short campaign I am seeing if people are interested in. Using a variant of my campaign statblock.
Rokugan – Special Road Investigation Unit
You have . . . made mistakes. Fallen now from your once noble place in the Celestial Order. There is a flaw in your characters, one you could not overcome before but you will, this time. You must. Someone in your Clan has decided that your are worthy of one last chance, but only one. If you fail here, you will have to shave your head, walk Exile’s Road or perform the three cuts. This is your final chance to redeem yourself. Will you? Can you?
You are now under the authority of an Imperial Magistrate, Doji Akira, the infamous Cat. Who know what favors were exchanged for your post as his yoriki? You must serve and serve well, the alternative is unthinkable.
• Continuity: Episodic with possible “season arc”
• Rating: PG to PG13.
• Style: Mystery, Investigation, with high roleplaying, humor encouraged but it is not a comedy.
• Tone: Light hearted look at seriously flawed people and their problems.
Characters: Only one character from each Clan, no more than one from the younger Clans. No non-clan monks, and only one of those is possible. No Imperials. No more than two shugenja. No ronin.
Characters should be seeking to redeem themselves and overcome their flaws to become better samurai . . . or at least avoid being thrown out of their Clan.
• Character History: Short description of how you ended up here.
• Starting Power Level: 75-points plus up to 10 in DisAds (more DisAds can be taken but only 10 points can be used for charter building). One (or more) of the DisAd must explain how you have fallen from grace.
Each character has a starting Infamy of 1.0.
Following Advantages are banned: Darling of the Court, Gentry, Irreproachable, more than one level of Luck, Sacrosanct.
Following Disadvantages are banned: Shadowlands Taint.
Setting: Rokugan, Jade Empire of. My standard take on Rokugan.
Where do we Play?: Usual Game on Thursday.
• Down Times: Players will have the option of taking actions and building on their characterization between games.
• Social Contract: Communication is king.
(Photo stolen from this site.)
Update: First Episode “and a monkey” here.